SAP FI / CO

Sunday, April 6, 2008

REAL TIME PROBLEMS

groups of countries

If I go into the IMG, General settings -> define countries there's a flag XEGLD that indicates if it's in the EU or not.

I was wondering if there's a more flexible way of grouping countries. It seems odd that there isn't, as there are other groupings that exist - NAFTA, ASEAN. What's more a country could be a member of more than one.

The reason I want to do this is that our bank has loads of bizarre rules concerning transfers. In some cases the rule aplies to all the EU; in other cases, it's the EU plus EFTA minus Switzerland ...

Hardcoding it all would be quick but dirty. I could create my own table, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

This is on 4.6C.



OPINION ON IT


I don't recall any ways of doing it in 4.6C. But it has been a while.

Did you check the online help for the Banking industry? I think, almost sure, there are some controls as you described in place. I just don't remember if is in SAP Account Origination, SAP Banking Services or SAP Transactions Banking. Sorry!

But, if you don't have the banking solution istalled most probably I would recommend a custom table and a few user exits and not abap coding with custom transactions.




No comments: