SAP FI / CO

Sunday, April 6, 2008

REAL-TIME PROBLEMS



Assessment of a previous SAP Implementation


Hello Everyone,

I've been assigned a task of assessing a badly done SAP Implementation. I've gone through most of the configurations in the client's system. All the definitions have been assigned correctly. Although, I have my doubts with the CO module assignments. My question to all the SAP consultants is where do I need to look to determine that CO has been correctly configured in the system. The CO areas and operating concerns have been defined but where can I see if it has been linked properly other than the account determination screens. I hope I was able to explain the situation clearly.

Thanks in advance for any valuable input



SOLUTION

There are two aspects you should look for:



1) Correctly configured does not mean properly configured for the business need. That is I would start looking for the problems. The system may be correctly configured but what was configured isn't usefull for the company to run the business.


2) To validate the configuration (correct configuration) - you should run all the test scripts your company/client have. that will validate that the system is correctly configured.



No comments: